The Watcher of the Mists
The sparsely-populated frontier region of Varisia is located on the northwestern coast of the continent of Avistan. It is north of Cheliax, and south of Ulfenheim.
Coastal Varisia had a temperate climate, with warm, humid summers and cold, snowy winters. The land has varied geography: many craggy mountain ranges; a vast arid highland plateu; a huge uninhabited festering swamp; dense forests; and a good amount of rich, arable farmland.
There are three large city-states in Varisia, each of which controls an area around it, including smaller towns. In order of population, they are:
- Korvosa, Gateway to Varisia, population 18,500
- Magnimar, The City of Monuments, population 16,000
- Riddleport, The City of Cyphers, population 13,500
Three other, smaller city-states exist on the fringes of Varisia:
- Janderhoff, the last Sky Citadel, population 10,200 (mostly dwarves)
- Kaer Maga, The City of Strangers, population 8,000
- Urglin, The Shattered City, population 5,300
Varisia was once the location of the ancient empire of Thassilon, and many ruins of this lost civilization still dominate the landscape.
Varisia write-up at Pathfinder Wiki